AJA: Dual Channel Universal 3G/HD/SD Audio/Video Frame Sync/Converter 1RU
The Aja FS2 can operate as two independent video frame synchronizers/format converters or the same processing blocks can be combined for a number of more complex tasks including HD sidebar keying where both the foreground and background streams can be up converted and layered.
Each Aja FS2 channel accepts a 3G, HD, or SD stream at 10bit depth and 16 channels of AES audio. Select from a variety of different input and output types (analogue and digital) – all outputs work simultaneously.
Use the FS2 to create a picture in picture effect from two completely different video sources, and both sources can be manipulated to control colour information, video legalisers, up down and cross convert between a variety of different signal types.
To expand your possibilities further, each channel possesses its own still-store, keyer, and video proc amp/colour corrector. The FS2 can up- or down-convert between SD and HD, and cross-convert between HD formats—including 3G 1080p50/60 formats. Additionally, the FS2 has full input and output signal routing, allowing any I/O port to be assigned to either processing channel.
For audio, the FS2 has two audio processors—each processor supporting 16-channel AES/EBU digital audio, 16 channel embedded audio, and 8-channel balanced analog audio with a variety of controls for maximum flexibility.
The FS2 supports closed captioning and the conversion of closed captioning between SD and HD formats—including full conversion between CEA-608 and CEA-708 caption standards. The FS2 is also network ready, supporting SNMP monitoring and web-based remote control. A 3rd-party Remote Control Panel is available (contact your AJA dealer—or AJA directly, for more information).
Options available on the FS2 include Dolby® E Encoding, Dolby® E Decoding, and 3G/HD/SD Optical Fiber I/O.
With support of all broadcast video formats the FS2 makes matching up disparate video and audio systems simple —one converter box does it all. The FS2 is ideally suited for broadcast facilities, production trucks and other rapidly changing environments.
The FS2 can be used for a wide variety of video and audio signal conversion, adaptation, timing, and processing applications:
- Up/Down/Cross convert between various SD and HD formats including 1080p50/60.
- General purpose video frame synchronization.
- Analog-to-Digital and Digital-to-Analog audio/video conversion.
- Mux or demux two separate HD signals into one Dual Stream 3G at input and output.
- Convert 3G/HD/SD video over fiber to/from SDI (BNC).
- Use the built-in video processing amplifiers to adjust and/or color correct.
- Synchronize the timing of key and fill signals by putting both through the parallel FS2 video channels and adjusting their timing independently. Then key them using one of the two FS2 keyers or an external keyer.
- Use the HDMI input and a DVI to HDMI cable to scan-convert popular computer video formats to SD or HD, including full proc-amp functionality and aspect ratio adjustment (future firmware release).
- HD Sidebar keying including using both SD video and SD sidebar graphics (analog or digital), upconverting both, and combining—all inside the FS2.
- Dolby® E encoding and decoding with full channel mapping (optional).
Ease of Control
- Built-in front panel control via scrolling alphanumeric and graphical menu system
- Buttons and Rotary Knobs for quick setting changes
- Front panel LED status indicators for at-a-glance system monitoring
- Web-based remote control over 10/100/1000 Ethernet via an internal web server
- Four isolated TTL GPI inputs and outputs for contact closure control
- Optional Remote Control Panel
Incredible I/O and Format Support
The FS2 can generally convert any input format to any output format, as long as the frame rates are of the same "family." (The three families are 59.94/29.97/23.98, 50/25, and 60/30/24.) Whenever an incompatible I/O format is detected, the operator is notified (alarms/status-messages). Connector sources and destinations are controlled via crosspoint matrix selections on the input and output of both FS2 channels (select from web UI or front panel).