Allen and Heath: AB168 AudioRack for Qu & GLD mixers
Ships in 3-5 days - Free Shipping!
AB168 is a portable remote AudioRack for use with the Allen & Heath GLD and Qu series in live and installation settings.
Featuring 16 mic preamps with Phantom Power indicators and 8 XLR line outs, AB168 runs on Allen & Heath’s proprietary dSNAKE protocol and is compatible with both the Qu and GLD ranges.
Adding an AB168 to a Qu or GLD system allows some or all I/O to be positioned up to 120m from the mixer. The unit connects over a single Cat5 cable to the Qu/GLD mixer or AR2412 AudioRack via a secure dSNAKE EtherCon port. A second EtherCon port is provided for daisy-chaining to another AB168 box or connection of a ME personal mixing system. AB168 auto updates its firmware to synchronise with the system.
The rack’s rugged design, including rubber bumpers, renders it highly roadworthy and allows it to be placed on the stage floor during performances. Weighing in at just 4.8kg and featuring a sturdy carry handle, AB168 is also designed for maximum convenience and portability. An optional rack mounting kit is also available.
- The AB168 is not compatible with Allen & Heath iLive Series components or ACE connection.
- The AB168 is simply an audio interface. It cannot be used by itself. It must connect to the GLD or Qu mixer which is where the audio is processed.
Refer to the GLD User Guide AP8561 and Qu User Guide AP9372 for instructions on connecting and using the AB168 with your system. Refer to the Allen & Heath web site for more information and suitable Cat5 cables.
The AB168 can be operated horizontally with the connectors facing upward or sideward, or vertically to save space on stage. It can also be mounted in a 19” equipment rack or case using the optional AB168-RK10 kit.
- 16 Mic Preamps on XLR
- Compatible with GLD and Qu
- Phantom Power LED per Input
- 8 XLR Line Outs
- dSNAKE Connection with locking Ethercon port
- Additional locking Ethercon port for daisy chaining / ME personal mixing system
- Rubber bumpers
- Carry handle
- Optional rack mount kit available
- XLR Mic/Line Inputs Balanced
- Mic/Line Preamp Fully recallable
- Input Sensitivity -60 to +15dBu
- Analogue Gain +5 to +60dB, 1dB steps
- Pad -20dB Residual
- Maximum Input Level +32dBu
- Input Impedance >4kΩ (Pad out), >10kΩ (Pad in)
- Mic/Line Channel noise 20-20kHz, Direct Out @ unbalanced out
- Mic EIN -127dB with 150Ω source
- Unity gain (Pad in) -90dBu
- Low gain (5dB, Pad out) -93dBu
- Mid gain (30dB, Pad out) -89dBu
- Mic/Line Channel THD+N 20-20kHz, Direct Out @ unbalanced out
- Unity gain (Pad in) 0.005% -86dBu @ 1kHz, 0dBu output
- Low gain (5dB, Pad out) 0.003% -89dBu @ 1kHz, 0dBu output
- Mid gain (30dB, Pad out) 0.004% -88dBu @ 1kHz, 0dBu output
- XLR Outputs Balanced, Relay protected
- Output Impedance <75Ω
- Nominal Output +4dBu = 0dB meter reading
- Maximum Output Level +22dBu
- Output Noise -91dBu (muted, 20-20kHz)
- Operating Temperature 0 deg C to 35 deg C (32 deg F to 95 deg F)
- Mains Power 100-240V, 50/60 Hz, 20W max