Gefen: 4K Ultra HD 600 MHz 8x8 Matrix w/ HDR
Route eight 4K 60 Hz 4:4:4 sources to any combination of up to eight 4K 60 Hz 4:4:4 displays
Reinforcing its commitment to provide commercial integrators with cutting-edge audio/video signal processing solutions, Gefen’s 4K Ultra HD 600 MHz 8x8 Matrix for HDMI supports 18.2 Gbps of bandwidth and 600 MHz TMDS Clock frequency, the highest specified under the HDMI 2.0 standard.
Full bandwidth support allows the EXT-UHD600A-88 to accommodate resolutions up to 4K Cinema-DCI (4096 x 2160 up to 60 Hz 4:4:4), and 4K Ultra HD (3860 x 2160 up to 60 Hz, 4:4:4) along with HDR (High Dynamic Range). HDCP 2.2 and the legacy HDCP 1.4 content protection algorithms are supported. The Gefen 8x8 Matrix also supports 1080p Full HD, 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA), 3DTV, and Deep Color (up to 1080p resolution).
In addition to its full HDMI 2.0 and HDR compliance, this product incorporates new features that enhance the commercial integrator’s experience. Recognizing that audio is just as important as video, it features analog and digital audio outputs that break out the audio stream (2 channel analog, 2 channel PCM, and up to 5.1 channel Bitstream) from each HDMI source, allowing the de-embedded audio content to be sent to external amplifiers and music distribution systems for added impact in bars, restaurants, clubs, venues, and corporate offices. In addition, highest performance multichannel digital audio including 7.1 channels of LPCM and HBR (High Bit Rate) digital audio formats, such as Dolby Atmos®, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS:X™, and DTS-HD Master Audio™ are passed through from the sources to the HDMI outputs.
A comprehensive API facilitates enhanced functionality with third-party control systems, creating exciting interface possibilities.
This matrix has been designed to work with the Gefen Syner-G™ software to simplify initial IP configuration and EDID Management. Each source can be routed to any or all displays, using the front-panel push buttons or the included handheld IR Remote Control. The matrix can also be controlled via RS-232, Telnet, UDP, and Gefen’s intuitive and easy-to-use web server interface. An easy-to-read, super-bright OLED front panel display indicates routing status and IP settings. The Gefen EXT-UHD600A-88 matrix features a 2U tall, rack-mountable enclosure that can also be placed on a shelf. It accommodates Gefen locking HDMI cables to ensure secure connections.
- Routes eight 4K sources to eight 4K displays
- Supports resolutions up to 4K Cinema-DCI (4096 x 2160 up to 60 Hz, 4:4:4), 4K Ultra HD (3860 x 2160 up to 60 Hz, 4:4:4) with HDR, 1080p Full HD, and WUXGA (1920x1200)
- Supports HDCP 2.2 and 1.4
- Supports HDR (High Dynamic Range) 10-bit Deep Color at 4K 60 Hz 4:2:0 and 4K 24 Hz 4:4:4
- Supports 12-bit Deep Color at 1080p Full HD (60 Hz 4:4:4)
- 3DTV pass-through
- Lip Sync pass-through
- EDID Management for rapid integration of source and displays
- Supports uncompressed LPCM digital audio up to 7.1 channels
- Supports up to 7.1 channels of HBR (High Bit Rate) digital audio including Dolby Atmos®, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS:X™, and DTS-HD Master Audio™
- Supports the use of DVI sources and DVI displays up to 1080p Full HD and WUXGA (1920x1200), with Gefen CAB-DVI2-HDMI-LCK DVI-to-HDMI cables (not included)
- Built-in Audio De-Embedders break out 2 channel analog, 2 channel PCM, and up to 5.1 channels of Bitstream digital audio from each HDMI output, allowing the audio content to be sent to external amplifiers and music distribution systems for added impact.
- Enhanced API facilitates added functionality with third-party control systems.
- Easy-to-read, super-bright OLED front panel display indicates routing status and IP settings
- Locking power connector
- Push button controls for Routing and Status
- RS-232 Serial control interface for use with a third-party controller
- IP control via Telnet, UDP, and the built-in web server interface
- IR remote control
- Gefen Syner-G™ software simplifies initial IP configuration and EDID Management
- Field-updatable firmware via web server interface
- 2 U tall enclosure
- Removable rack ears come pre-installed
- Can be placed on a shelf or mounted in a standard 19-inch wide rack
- Maximum TMDS Clock: 600 MHz
- Total Signal Bandwidth/Data Rate: 18 Gbps
- HDMI Input Connectors: (8) Type A 19-pin female, locking
- HDMI Output Connectors: (8) Type A 19-pin female, locking
- Digital Audio Output Connectors: (8) TOSLINK® Optical, (8) RCA Coaxial
- Analog L/R Audio Output Connectors: (8) 3.5mm mini-stereo jack
- RS-232 serial port: (1) DB-9, female
- Ethernet (IP Control) Port: (1) RJ-45
- Display: OLED, 2 rows, 20 characters per row
- Power Button/Indicator: (1) tact-type, bi-color blue/orange backlight
- Control Buttons/Indicators: (9) tact-type
- Reset Button: (1) tact-type, recessed
- IR Sensor: (1), located on front panel
- IR In/Ext Port: (1) 3.5mm mini-stereo jack
- IR Extender type: EXT-RMT-EXTIRN (not included)
- DC Power Connector: (1) 4-pin, locking
- Power Supply: 24V DC
- Power Consumption: TBD45W
- Operating Temperature: +32 to +122 °F (0 to +50 °C)
- Operating Humidity: 5% to 90% RH, non-condensing
- Storage Temperature: -4 to +140 185 °F (-20 to +60 85 °C)
- Storage Humidity: 50% to 95% RH, non-condensing
- MTBF: TBD50000 hours
- Rack mounting requirements: Standard 19” rack, 2U high
- Dimensions (excluding rack ears and connectors, W x H x D): 17.25” x 3.5“ x 15.75” (440mm x 89mm x 400mm)
- Net Unit Weight: 21 lbs. (9.6 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 29 lbs. (13.25 kg)