Gefen: DVI Detective Plus
£92.96 (ex VAT)
£111.55 (inc VAT)
Save the EDID -- for HDTV equipment as well as Computers.Computers and HDTV video source devices can sometimes lose the EDID -- basically the electronic identification of a display which lists its possible resolutions and frequencies. When displays are switched away or disconnected and then reconnected, the EDID can be lost and the computer or HD video source device can lose the ability to display the image properly.
The Gefen DVI Detective Plus allows you to switch or relocate HDTV or Computer video displays while "tricking" the source devices into continuously reading the display information -- maintaining smooth video operations throughout the process.
How It WorksPrior to first use, the DVI Detective is connected to the Display where it stores the Display's EDID while under power. The power is then removed from the DVI Detective which is placed to the output of your video source. The stored EDID is permanently saved.
The DVI Detective Plus includes 4 built-in manually-selectable generic EDIDs (display identities) for several standard home theater setups with multi-channel audio and standard HDTV resolutions. This functionality is vital when equipment reaches a state of indeterminite function and will not respond to signals or controls properly, and a certain resolution size with specific audio must be forced upon all connected equipment.
The included DVI cable does not support analog VGA.
- Stores EDID information from DVI displays
- Supports resolutions up to 1920x1200, 2K, and 3840x2400 (Dual Link)
- Keeps computer systems from deactivating inactive DVI ports
- Can eliminate CAT-5 lines used to carry DDC signals when extending computer video
- Passes HDCP copy-protection protocols for full HDTV, using an HDMI to DVI adapter (not included)
- No power required after initial programming
- DVI Connector: DVI-I 29 pin female
- Power Supply: 5V DC
- Power Consumption: 5 Watts (max)
- Dimensions: 2.6"W x 1.3"H x 1.7"D
- Shipping Weight: 1 lbs
- (1) DVI-DL 1-foot cable (M-M)
- (1) 5VDC Power Supply
- (1) User Manual