Gefen: VGA extender with RS232
Please call us for alternatives or end of line stock.
Extends VGA and RS-232 over a single CAT-5 cableThe VGA Extender with RS-232 extends a VGA computer video and RS-232 up to 330 feet over just one CAT5 cable. The Sender hooks up to the computer or other VGA source and the Receiver connects to your display. The RS-232 extension is useful in controlling the functions your display remotely, such as turning it on and off, and selecting between inputs. By choosing widely available CAT5e cable for extension, Gefen has made installation simple and flexible. The CAT5e cable can be tucked under carpet or run above a ceiling. style="MARGIN-TOP: 45px">How It Works The VGA RS232 Extender sender unit connects to your source using the supplied VGA and RS-232 cables. The receiver unit connects to your display and your Serial (RS-232) device - up to 330 feet away. Connect the sender and the receiver to each other using a single CAT-5 cable.
- Video Amplifier Bandwidth: 350 MHz
- Input Video Signal: 1.2V p-p
- Input Sync Signal: 5V p-p (TTL)
- Horizontal Frequency Range: 15 - 70 kHz
- Vertical Frequency Range: 30 - 170 Hz
- Video Input Connector (Sender): (1) VGA HD-15, male
- Video Output Connector (Receiver): (1) VGA HD-15, female
- RS-232 Input Connector (Sender): (1) DB-9, female
- RS-232 Output Connector (Receiver): (1) DB-9, male
- Link Connectors (Sender / Receiver): (1) RJ-45, Shielded
- Power Supplies (Sender / Receiver): 5V DC
- Power Consumption: 5W (max.) each
- Dimensions: 4" W x 2.8" D x 1.1" H
- Shipping Weight: 4 lbs.